Monday, January 13, 2014

Some of the things I've learned so far (1/2 way through my mission)

January 6, 2014

My Mother had to give a update on me and my mission during Sacrament meeting and these are the her questions and my answers:

What is the most beneficial thing the members can be doing to help the missionary effort along?

To help the missionary effort? I don't know if I can answer that all in one thing, but I know the best thing that will help a member know how to help is to study Preach My Gospel every day. If you study this set of scriptures (PMG) every day, you will understand the things that you can do to invite and help a friend accept the gospel!

How is the church different in your mission in Brazil than our area in Boise?

The church is a lot smaller and the members are all recent converts to the church from the last 20 years or less and have a strong belief in God.

In what ways has your testimony grown since you've been on your mission?

I have a firm conviction in things small as well as big. Things such as fasting have more importance to me now than they did before. Opening my mouth and inviting people really does make a difference.

What experiences have contributed to your growth?

Working with people that are new in the church, reading my scriptures and just talking to people and sharing the gospel helps me grow every day.

What is your most used missionary tool and why?

1. The Book of Mormon, all things can be answered there.

2. Preach My Gospel, I learn something new every time I open it.

I love the Bible, but I don't like using it, because it induces Bible bashing.

Have you lost your fear (or did you ever have it) of sharing the gospel?

You never lose the fear, you just develop more courage to overcome the fear. What helps is just to open your mouth and talk to people. If you need to, as silly as it is, practice talking to someone to help you overcome the fear.

Why do you feel it's important to share the gospel?

Because we need to baptize everyone! Every major change in the life of someone will come after baptism, and the longer they wait to be baptized, the longer it takes for them to feel of the saviors love more abundantly. I have a testimony of this.

What is the most significant thing you would like to improve on this year in regards to your testimony and or the gospel?

I want to have the faith to work miracles.

That’s all I have for right now, but I just want you to know that I love you, and this week was good. We just baptized the mom of Junio ( last week’s baptism) who is just the sweetest lady (think Black Momma :) ) I love their family!

No comments:

Post a Comment