Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sometimes you have to go to the poorest places to find the best diamonds.

April 15, 2013

This week was grand! I spent it in our new house with our new furniture, stove, fridge, clothes washer, and a few other things and we finally have a table. The worst part is we still don't have anything to cook with, except a few Tupperware containers for the microwave (oh and we just got a ton of cereal that is so delicious - store brand frosted flakes. Haven't had that in a while! Oh, and I just found a cookie that tastes relatively like Oreos... still not the same, but close.

We worked our tails off this week. Between finding and teaching, we had a bunch of new investigators, walked across our city a number of times every day, and had 2 investigators at church. Wasn’t the most exciting thing ever to only have the two, but it was still a good week. Next week will be better.

I think one of the funniest lessons this week was with a contact. It wasn't that long, maybe 15 minutes, but I don't think the girl we were teaching broke eye contact with my companion... awkward.

Also, we found this place where we taught a couple of families. It is a flavela, (very poor area) but on the outside we are allowed to teach, but to get to these 2 houses that we have been teaching we have to cross the sketchiest bridge that I have ever walked across. That thing is just waiting to give up.

So the weather here is starting to drop. It was about 60 when I woke up this morning, and considering we don't have heaters here, and the walls keep in the cold... it’s going to be a cold winter. Not like that of the states, but getting there. Still looking for a hammock, haven’t found a place that sells them yet, but maybe I will get lucky and find one in the city.

I just have to say kids with handicaps are awesome. Here in brazil we meet quite a few, but we went to a house the other day and they had a kid named Tiago, who was so happy, though I didn't understand a single word that came out of his mouth.... I know the lord has a special place for them in heaven.

Anyway, this week was good, hope all is well on your end. Hopefully I get letters this week.

Elder Sean Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment