Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Leaving the MTC

Departure Day:
I forget the exact times, but I leave from Salt Lake at 7:00 am, arrive at 9:00 am in Pheonix, Arizona, and then leave from there to Houston at 10:00 am, arriving in Houston around 12:00 or 1:00 pm. I will call home around 6:00 am so I can talk with everyone for half an hour.

(from Sean's mom . . . )
*Sean did call home and we all gathered around the phone to hear what he had to say. He is going to the Houston mission (English speaking). He loved his time in the MTC, but it was hard to say goodbye to everyone. He feels pretty good about his Portuguese and bore his testimony to us. He is excited for this new experience and the challenges it will bring. One thing he said, that I never thought I’d hear, was that on P-days his companions liked to sleep in which frustrated him because he was up early and raring to go. Wow, that’s not the Sean that was sleeping in until noon before he left. It was great to hear his voice and his enthusiasm for the work and the scriptures.

(From Sean . . . .)
So my week has been awesome, I wish I didn't have to say this, but since I got my reassignment I have been counting down the days till when I get there, It is going to be way exciting. I have attended several workshops and devotionals for departing missionaries, which have all been fabulous experiences :) I also have been blessed with many friends here at the MTC, so it will be a bit of a trial saying goodbye to all of them. Oh well, I got lots of addresses and people to write to.

I was really excited, I got to talk to my mother today for a few brief minutes, very brief unfortunately, but I did get to hear her voice, and say a few words to her. I get to one more time in my transfer to the Houston Texas Mission, (which I am super stoked for, I finally get to go back to Texas), which wasn't quite the way I expected to get there, but oh well :) I will be excited to hear from her, and possibly my father if he is home :) I miss them and all of my sisters, so I am going to be excited to hear from them all.

Today I have been packing up all day, and I think I am the only missionary who hasn't had a problem with weight. Maybe one of the other missionaries was good too, but they all have been constantly repacking to try and even out the weight just right. Thankfully, mine weighs at 50lbs in one bag, and in my small bag I have a whole 5 lbs. extra to spare :P (good luck fitting more in it anyway) and all I have to fit in it is a pair of jeans and maybe a shirt or 2. I can do it! ( oh and not to mention I have a half a back pack left that I can fit even more in! I think it’s funny because they all have 2 large bags, and I have a small bag, a backpack, and a large bag, and it all fits perfectly) Thanks mom!

I also received a new jacket from my parents and a few other things that I have put to good use :) plus some pretty amazing beef jerky that I have almost finished. But as for the jacket, I have been using that all of today, and I believe it will be perfect for when I get to Houston when it rains every other day :)

I would like to bear my testimony that I know that this church is true, and I know that my savior lives. As I have been here, I have been seeking personal revelation through the spirit, and specifically through the scriptures, and it is really kind of awesome to see the difference it has made in my life and the lives of the members of my district here at the MTC. I am so grateful for the time I have had here, and for my 2 awesome companions Elder Rydalch and Elder Christensen. I Love them both and my whole district, and I am so grateful to all of them. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

God be with you till we meet again, Please write me :)

Tchau!!!

Elder Sean T Anderson


Elder Sheppard. He is one of me and Jeanne's friends


Sisters Johnson and Hammon, from left to right, they are both some of my friends from the MTC here. Portuguese speaking. Both play volleyball every day, so I got to know them there.



Irmao Buttars



Irmao de Groot. He is an awesome teacher, and I was glad to have him. This might be his last time teaching a district at the MTC :(


My MTC district


Sister Burt and a different Sister Johnson. They have been here 3 weeks, both very cool people, and sister Burt just received her visa. Blah :P I wish her luck in Porto Alegre. :) Both are some of my good volleyball friends :)


Elder Baldwin. A Utah state friend (he was in the tower with me, and was in my ward :) ) also a great friend in my zone and a volleyball pal.

No comments:

Post a Comment