Friday, February 1, 2013

Going to Houston

Thursday, January 31, 2013, during Megan's voice recital (just as she was about to stand up to sing), I received an "unknown" caller on my cell phone.  I let it slide, but I thought it might be Sean.  When it rang again, I quickly left the room and was sooo glad I did.  I got to talk to Sean for four minutes.  He said he had been reassigned to the Houston, Texas mission and that he was leaving the MTC on Wednesday, February 5th.  He was very excited to be able to go to Houston, feeling a little bit like he was going home to Texas.  I'm assuming it is English speaking, but I'm not sure.

He told his companions he was going to Houston, before he got the call, and was excited to be right.  The other elders are headed to Des Moines, Iowa.  I'm ok with him staying in the states a little longer.  We'll see what happens the rest of his mission.  I know have the urge to fly to Houston.  It's a good thing he'll eventually be out of the country and beyond my reach.

I sent him a final MTC care package that he should receive tomorrow filled with notebooks, pens, scripture marking tools, some jerky (he said please no more candy) and a lightweight rain jacket.

We don't know the address yet for where he will be, but hopefully will find that out before he leaves or shortly after he arrives.

Good Luck, Sean!

No comments:

Post a Comment