Monday, September 29, 2014

Celestializing My Shoes.

June 9, 2014

How was your week this week? Slow again?

A little, it seemed slow, looked really good at the end, and then ended out ok. but this week is looking better and better. we just have to work a little harder. I'm not sure what's stopping our investigator. He still smokes and drinks coffee, but wants to stop and be baptized.

Do you keep in contact with any of your former converts or companions?

Just converts.

Have you met Elders in the field that you feel you will stay in contact with once you get home.

Yes, tons!

Who do you feel you have impacted the most on your mission?

That I can't say. Of my companions, all, in some way or another, but one elder that made a difference to me was elder Zachary Hoskin, who was one of my zone leaders in Bauru. he went home one year ago and is at byu-i, but he was a really spiritual missionary!

Do you ever get to go to the temple?

Nope

Are there certain mission rules you have a hard time following?


Not really, just a daily basis, sometimes there is an accident that I have where I accidentally break a rule, but it's not a normal occurrence, it's something I strive to do right. Live all the rules, not imaginary rules, but the rules that have been established, and are to be kept all the time. and personal rules I have a few too.

What are some things you could do that would help you focus on the things you are accomplishing throughout the day so you don't get discouraged when things don't work out the way you hoped?

I pray, I fast, I write things down so I don't forget them. There are a ton of things you can do, but I find the thing that helps the most in my mission is the day I get on my knees and start a fast.

This week, we are working with the same three investigators.

We found out that one of the investigators works with dead bodies. Yeah, the ones that they have at schools, hospitals and places like that. Bodies to study and learn.

But, it's weird when he starts talking about how they have to saw parts of the body, open it up. He described how he has to saw the head off. he said at first it was really weird, and now he feels weird cause it feels normal... He wants to get out of there as soon as possible he said.

Though worse still, he teaches little kids P. E. he is so awesome! love this guy, though it's hard to get in touch with him, because he is never home.

Our other investigator is almost ready to baptized, just a little more push, pray for us!

Last bit of news, my 5th pair of shoes gave up the ghost (huge horrific holes and gapping mouthes in my shoes, people kept looking at them like I was crazy), so I decided to go shoe shopping.

I first looked at the shoe store. 50-150 dollars or more for shoes (the equivalent, its in reais here which is 100-300 reais) and I freaked out.

I then looked in the thrift shop, found some good shoes for 25 reais, or about 12 dollars! Lucky day.

A sister in the ward wanted my shoes (a little weird I know) but I gave them to her, and she will bronze them and celestialize them ( she wants to make some sort of memorial of missionaries and how they should work or something). really cool!

Miss you all!

Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment